As the race season is rapidly approaching, here is the official NMRA class line-up for 2017. We are excited to kick off our championship season March 2-5, 2017 at Bradenton Motorsports Park with the 23rd annual Nitto Tire Spring Break Shootout, presented by Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords. Always looking to improve the events for both racers and fans, the NMRA made a few changes to the lineup.
There will be ten championship categories with five heads up classes and five index eliminators. This year NMRA has tweaked the specialty shootout classes. The major announcement is the addition of Modular Xtreme, a fast heads-up category with open rules for Modular-powered Ford vehicles that don’t fit a particular championship class. It will be contested at the Spring Break Shootout and the All-Ford World Finals in Kentucky. The Super Ford Showdown Bracket has been expanded to include the tour stops in Pennsylvania and Ohio. ididit Outlaw True Street will once again return in 2017 and it will be contested in Florida as well as Kentucky.
Once again, Aerospace Components will have a major presence at all NMRA events and as winners will hoist up a Victor trophy in the Aerospace Components Winner’s Circle.
Class rules can be found >>HERE<<
Tech questions can be sent to the tech committee at firstname.lastname@example.org or directed to Lonnie Grim at (714) 785-8282 for heads up classes or Gene Bergstrom at (714) 460-3813 for index classes.
NMRA Championship Points Classes at all 6 2017 events:
- VP Racing Fuels Street Outlaw
- Edelbrock Renegade
- ProCharger Coyote Modified
- G-Force Racing Transmissions Coyote Stock
- Factory Stock
- Open Comp
- Roush Performance Super Stang
- Exedy Racing Clutch Modular Muscle
- Detroit Locker Truck & Lightning
- Ford Muscle
NMRA Shootout Classes:
- QA1 True Street – All 6 events
- Ford Performance Cobra Jet Shootout presented by Watson Racing – Florida event
- Muscle Mustangs Spring Break Shootout – Florida event
- TREMEC Stick Shift Shootout – Florida event & Kentucky events
- ididit Outlaw True Street – Florida & Kentucky events.
- Modular Xtreme – Florida & Kentucky events
- VMP Performance Terminator/GT500 Shootout – Florida & Kentucky events
- Turbo Coyote Shootout – Florida & Kentucky events
- Livernois Motorsports EcoBoost Battle – Florida and Kentucky events
- Micro Strategies All-Ford Stock/Super Stock Combo – Pennsylvania even
- Super Ford Showdown Bracket Race – Pennsylvania and Ohio events