The Holley NMRA Ford Nationals is building boost for the highly anticipated 2022 racing season, even as 2021 is winding down and we continue to celebrate our current NMRA Champions and Top 10 finishers. Listed below are the championship categories that will compete at all six national events as well as the specialty categories for 2022. Preliminary rules for the 2022 season have been released and can be found <HERE>, racers have until November 15, 2022 to submit comments and information to the NMCA Tech department via email to NMRArules@promediapub.com.
- Limited Street
- Coyote Stock
- Factory Stock
- Open Comp
- Truck & Lightning
- Super Stang
- Modular Muscle
- Ford Muscle
***NMRA Tech Officials have been trying to simplify the Limited Street power adder line up based on what competitors are currently running in competition, so the layout will appear differently.
***Renegade Preliminary Rules are still being evaluated and will be posted in the coming weeks.
The 2022 Specialty Categories:
- X275 —NMRA/NMCA will be hosting three RTRA Championship Points Series competitions in 2022 at Rockingham, NC, St. Louis, and Martin, Michigan
- 8.60 Street Race (new class) —Bradenton, Florida, Rockingham, NC, Norwalk, Ohio, and Bowling Green, Kentucky
- QA1 True Street will continue its streak as the longest running street class at all 6 NMRA National events.
- Spring Break Shootout celebrates its 28th running during the season opener in Bradenton, Florida
- TREMEC Stick Shift Shootout—Bradenton, Florida, Norwalk, Ohio, and Bowling Green
- All-Female True Street —Norwalk, Ohio
- Grudge Test & Tune (new class) —Bradenton, Florida and Norwalk, Ohio
- Bracket Open—Bradenton, Florida, Rockingham, NC, St. Louis, Martin, Michigan, and Bowling Green, Kentucky
- All-Ford Bracket Extravaganza including Fast Ford (Super Pro), Quick Ford (Pro) and Street Ford (Sportsman) —Norwalk, Ohio
The largest all-Ford motorsport event series kicks off its season March 3-6, 2022 at Bradenton Motorsports Park with the world famous Spring Break Shootout. The second tour stop is Rockingham Dragway for the NMRA/NMCA All-Star Nationals April 21-24. The prestigious World Wide Technology Raceway, just outside of St. Louis, is the home of the NMRA/NMCA Super Bowl of Street-Legal Drag Racing extravaganza. It goes down in May 12-15. A month later the traveling Ford motorsport show makes a return to the world-class facility known as Summit Motorsports Park in Ohio with the Ford Performance Nationals, June 9-12. Then it’s back to US 131 Motorsports Park for the NMRA/NMCA Power Festival July 21-24, followed by a break leading up to the biggest, baddest, and the most over-the-top Ford event of the year, the NMRA World Finals + Holley Intergalactic Ford Festival. The annual festival goes down September 29-October 2 with action on the drag strip, tire-shredding madness on the circle track and crazy Off-Road attractions.
For more information about the NMRA Ford Nationals, including the latest event news, stayed locked on to www.NMRAdigital.com or follow us on social media.